Saturday, February 4, 2012

Vienna International Seafood & Teppanyaki Restaurant

After a booking at Todai failed because it was too last minute, Makan Boy and I decided to head down to try Vienna since we were already switched on to buffet mode.

Pretty huge restaurant
Very posh interior
Very golden and royal looking tables and chairs
I think almost all their servers are Chinese nationals and there were only Chinese customers in the whole restaurant. It was almost full house when we were there as well and that means... we got to be quick to grab food!

Crayfish un-snatched and the rest pretty much gone.
I only managed to snap this one photo of the spread they have before the staff informed me that no photography is allowed. Anyway the crayfish wasn't nice. It was like powdery and pretty much untouched throughout the whole time I was there because I think everyone else knows what to snatch.

Fresh oysters!
Oysters for sure is the one that gets swept off pretty quickly from the ice the moment they are laid nicely there. It was fresh and Makan Boy loves oysters so much we went back and forth back and forth.

French Oyster
Tomato? Chilli? Vinegar?
French Oyster tasted alright. It was definitely something different but not quite sure as to what sauce it was that they soak the oysters in. Not amazing but not awful.

Super fresh and pretty prawns
Their sashimi was normal but for me, their boiled prawns was the winner of all seafood there! So fresh and the sweetness of the prawns was like sealed within those pretty shells. I had so many prawns I think I ate mostly prawns for this buffet. Kwa kwa kwa... what a waste of money.

Mango sauce over prawn and peach
The mango sauce and prawn goes together quite nicely but still it's nothing like Yum Cha's Mango and Prawn fritter which were so yummy!!

Their teppanyaki items
Their teppanyaki was very ordinary. I think the photo speaks a thousand words. Quite a disappointment since they are supposed to like "major" in teppanyaki?

Scallop, Cereal prawns and Crab with vermicelli
Their cereal prawns and crab with vermicelli managed to make the cut and tasted decent. Makan Boy thinks the crab and vermicelli is yummy. The scallop was however, forgettable.

Shark's fin soup (above) and Crocodile meat herbal soup (below)
And what's chinese cuisine without shark's fin soup and exotic meat soup? Of course, there was no shark's fin used and instead there were plenty of shredded crab meat and enoki mushrooms. Didn't try the crocodile meat but Makan Boy thinks it was not bad.

Not hiding where it's from!
I got confused when I walked to the desserts area and saw the pandan kaya and mango mousse cakes from Bengawan Solo. I think it's the first time I've been to a buffet restaurant that actually used another shop's cake for their desserts. They have some test tube drinks too which I think was there simply to make the kids excited. Tried one blue colour don't-know-what-flavour test tube drink and it was awful. Yucks.

Most of what we ate tasted pretty average and there was just too many people squeezing through the narrow lanes to get the food. Therefore, paying over $40 per person for their buffet to enjoy only that few commendable items in a "rush-and-go-get-it-now-before-it's-gone!" kinda atmosphere is quite a bad experience I would say.

Vienna International Seafood & Teppanyaki Restaurant
United Square
101 Thomson Road
#B1-01
Singapore 307591
Tel: 62546686/62531696
Daily: 11.30am - 9.30pm
http://www.viennabuffet.com/

2 comments:

  1. wow delicious food recipies. My mouth is full of water Dhow cruise Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web page who has shared this wonderful paragraph at at this place all you can eat japanese melbourne

    ReplyDelete