Friday, December 30, 2011

Mei Heong Yuen Dessert

Mei Heong Yuen is one of those dessert stalls that I love going to. Besides their signature hot and cold desserts, I love dropping by for their cakes!

The very relaxed ladyboss.
I especially like the Carrot and Pumpkin flavour. Both are pretty similar except Pumpkin flavour has the extra touch in sweetness and fragrance. Not to mention, the pretty golden yellow colour makes it looks more appetizing as well!

Pumpkin Cake ($2.20)
I tried their Yam Cake this time round but in terms of the texture, I notice the yam cake is harder than the other 2. I think they didn't steam it long enough because the chunks of yam wasn't soft enough as well.

Yam Cake ($2.20)
Goes better with the sweet sauce!
Do try their paste which has the right consistency and really smooth texture! I always enjoy their Black Sesame paste. They also have really nice snow ice dessert perfect for sharing! My favourite would be the Green Tea flavour that comes with sweet red beans drizzled all over.

If you just had your dinner or need a place to rest your feet while at Chinatown, this is a good place to relax and enjoy a good bowl of dessert or hot fluffy carrot/pumpkin cake. =)

Mei Heong Yuen Dessert
65-67 Temple Street
Singapore 058611
Tel: 62211156
Mon - Sun: 10.30am - 9pm
http://www.meiheongyuendessert.com.sg/

No comments:

Post a Comment