Monday, December 26, 2011

Da Paolo

Ambience in a restaurant is extremely important to my girlfriends and we love to pamper ourselves especially when it comes to dinner! Tucked away at the very far end of Chip Bee Gardens, Da Paolo is a great venue to chill with friends or to go for a romantic and quiet dinner.

Really dark and quiet place

I like the little glass of plant decor
I like their setting and decor in the restaurant. It's relaxing and very peaceful.

Lovely bread!
What I love about Italian restaurant is the fluffy hot bread they serve while you wait for your food! I totally enjoy my carbohydrates with some olive oil and vinegar! However, Da Paolo's bread was only so so.

Insalata di pollo ($20)
The mixed salad is my favourite for the night. The grilled chicken breast, garlic oil and sauteed mushrooms were very simple but it goes really well with the greens. I'm sure I could finish two plates of this but it was too pricey to order again.

Cartoccio al frutti di mare ($27)
Spaghetti with seafood and tomatoes wrapped in parchment paper was alright.

Ravioli di vitello ($26)
Thickness of dumpling is good
I ordered the ravioli which is pasta filled with braised veal, veal jus and shaved parmesan. The shaved parmesan is too thick and hard but the dumplings was good. Was looking forward to having a good meal but upon seeing the number of raviolis there were.. I knew I'm not gonna be full. Need more raviolis!

Risotto con funghi e robiola ($26)
The risotto with mushrooms and riobiola cheese tasted average.

Tiramisu ($12)
Tiramisu was good but the slice was so small..

Overall, I'm not impressed with the food as it certainly wasn't worth the price and the service can be improved. The manager seems snobbish and the waiter that served us was rather "tired". If I'm eating Italian, I must eat to my heart's content and feel my money's worth!

Da Paolo
Chip Bee Gardens
44 Jalan Merah Saga
#01-56
Singapore 278116
Tel: 64761332
Mon - Sun: 11.30am - 10.30pm
(Closed from 2.30pm - 6.30pm)
http://http//www.dapaolo.com.sg/

No comments:

Post a Comment